Mooring rope and mooring pendants
Dyneema® mooring rope manufactured by Dynamica Ropes are light and have the same or greater Breaking Strength as steel wire with the same diameter. DYNAMICA mooring ropes and marine rope solutions are made with Dyneema® (SK78); the strongest man-made fiber in the world.
- Low weight and easy handling
- Floats in water
- Less crew required
- Less heavy equipment and men for handling
- Similar strength as steel wire rope of the same size and often stronger
- Hand friendly
- Resistant to most chemicals
- No rust, long lifetime in the maritime environment
- No need for grease/lubrication
- High tension and bending fatigue resistance
- Low elongation. The backlash energy stored is much lower than in the steel wire rope
- Safer worksites
DYNAMICA mooring ropes and pendants made with Dyneema® (SK78) have a better abrasion resistance and very high UV stability. Dyneema® (SK78) is much more resistant to UV than any other synthetic ropes.
All the above makes DYNAMICA ropes made with Dyneema® (SK78) easier and safer to handle for the crew and operators.
It is recommended by OCIMF that a pennant or grommet, in nylon or polyester is fitted to all Dyneema® (SK78) mooring ropes to absorb the shock loads due to high seas, winds and tides ranges.
Mooring pendants made with Dyneema® fibers
The ultra-light and very strong DYNAMICA pendants are developed for the maritime/mining market in order to offer a safer, hand friendly and low-risk alternative to steel wire strops or chains and traditional synthetic ropes for heavy duty towing ropes. Both of these “yesterdays” materials are heavy, inflexible, difficult to rig and dangerous when they break. They require many men and additional equipment to transport and rig.
Steel wire recoil and sweep when it breaks under too high load, it will recoil with extreme energy and sweep the area next to it with dangerous untwisting strands.
DYNAMICA towing pendants are being used as towing lines for Tug Boats worldwide and DYNAMICA ropes successfully replace the steel wires and other synthetic fiber. DYNAMICA ropes are also used for pendants in applications where shock loads or high seas do not occur.
Towing ropes solutions for Harbor and Deep Sea Towing
Lightweight and flexible tow ropes made of high-performance DYNAMICA ropes ensures that users don’t have unplanned stops and delays. DYNAMICA ropes are significantly easier to use than other fiber ropes or steel wires, because of these characteristics.
DYNAMICA’s high-performance synthetic ropes made with Dyneema® (SK78) are size-for-size as strong as wire ropes, and often stronger.
DYNAMICA rope has similar elongation as steel wires but it floats since the weight of Dyneema® (SK78) fibers is 7 to 10 times lighter than steel wire – at the same strength.
DYNAMICA towing ropes are UV resistant. Ropes made with Dyneema® (SK78) have a better abrasion resistance and UV stability than any other synthetic ropes.
- Due to the low elongation of Dyneema® (SK78), in combination with the 12 strand braided construction of DYNAMICA ropes prevents, the recoil reaction which is very much reduced if the rope should separate
- Low weight makes the rope easy to handle, reducing crew required on deck
- Being generally of 12 Strand construction and due to the reduced elongation of the Dyneema® (SK78) rope, the result of force being applied at one end results in at least a 98% efficiency of that force being supplied as a resulting force at the working end of the rope
- Not affected by seawater conditions
- No rust or grease on the deck or fairleads
- Clean deck area with no grease or dirt
- Fewer strain injuries from excessive weight
- Can be easily spliced on board
- Clean and hand friendly. No “meat hooks” and no “bird nests”
Protect your mooring rope, main towing line and pendants with a DYNAMICA protective cover
To provide additional protection to the DYNAMICA Tow ropes and Mooring Lines we recommend the use of Dyneema® (SK78) or polyester Chafe Protection Sleeves. These products are non-load bearing and provide additional protection to the working ropes over high risk areas where sections of the ropes that come in contact with the uncontrolled areas of serviced vessels such as Bollards and Fairleads/Panama Chocks.
We always recommend that this extra chafe protection be fitted in the eyes of ropes, and strongly suggest it also be fitted on the working end of all tow ropes the protect the area of Tow ropes that are in contact with serviced ships fittings or port facilities that Tug crews have no control over.
Where requested, the whole working end of a tow line can be covered but this would be discussed the customers on a port to port requirement.
DYNAMICA SUPREME PRO jacket and eye cover is a polyester braided cover that protects the rope against abrasion. It also has the ability to make the line sink, which is an advantage in some solutions.
DYNAMICA SUPERIOR PRO jacket and eye cover is a Dyneema® (SK78) braided cover and provide even more protection of the main rope, because of the Dyneema® braid.
DYNAMICA ORBIT cover jacket and eye cover allows the crew members to inspect the main rope for conditions that is unwanted.
Dynamica Ropes often delivers rope and marine solutions where only the exact parts of the rope that are exposed to heavy abrasion, are machine overbraided with a protective cover.
Covers can be applied as follows:
- In the soft eyes
- In the soft eyes and over the splice
- In the soft eyes, over the splice and the agreed distance towards the middle of the rope
- On the entire length of the mooring or towing rope.
These options would be provided with consultation with the customer and Tug crews.
Place your order for DYNAMICA mooring rope, towing ropes and tug pendants made with Dyneema®
Our sales team is ready to guide you for the right solution, based on your requirements and the environment the mooring ropes, towing pendants and tug ropes needs to be used in.
Visit our contact page here